This recipe is adapted from ‘Dairy Free Raw Chocolate’ by Quirky Cooking, you can find it here.
- 200g raw cacao butter
- 50g raw cacao powder (or to taste)
- 100g raw honey or pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or natural extract
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 10-12 drops dōTERRA Peppemint or Wild Orange Essential Oil
- Chop cacao butter roughly with a knife on a chopping board, to approx. 1-2cm cubes. Place cacao butter into mixing bowl. Mill 20 sec/speed 8.
- Melt cacao butter for 13 mins/37°/speed 1, scraping down sides of bowl with spatula towards end of cooking time to ensure all the cacao butter is melted.
- Add remaining ingredients except essential oil, to mixing bowl and continue cooking 10 mins/37°/speed 1.
- Add essential oil and then mix chocolate 10 sec/speed 5 to blend honey or syrup in, then pour into Easter Egg chocolate molds.
- Place in the freezer immediately to set, as it will separate if you set it at room temperature.
- Once set, remove from molds and serve.
- Store in a airtight container in the fridge or freezer – if there are any left!
I actually increased the amount of maple syrup I put in as I’m a definite CHOCOHOLIC and need something to help me start reducing my sugar intake while still getting some sweetness.